I don’t know a single person who doesn’t love a good cookie. I know I sure do!TBH I have been on a bit of a cookie run as of late...Thank GOD for my trainer, yoga and all those steps I take daily. Trust me, I do it all for the sake of food. This recipe was adapted from one of my insta crushes Minimilist Baker. I made only a couple changes and one of them was swapping out the sugar for my new found fave Lakanto which is made from monk fruit. It is sugar free AND it tastes good. I know I am not alone here in saying that sugar substitutes taste terrible. I’m talking specifically about my nemesis Stevia. Sorry not sorry for those who love it. I just can’t wrap my head around the taste. Lakanto looks like sugar, tastes like sugar but has zero calories, no artificial flavours and has no weird aftertaste.
Here’s the recipe—If you make it, let me know and don’t forget to tag me in your pics!!
- 3/4c gf oats (I use @bobsredmill)
- 3/4c almond flour
- 1/4c desiccated coconut
- 1/4c dairy free chocolate chips (I used @enjoylifefoods)
- 3/4tsp baking powder
- 1/4 fine sea salt
- 1/4c Lakanto (monkfruit sweetner)
- 1/4c aquafaba (the liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 2tbsp almond butter
- 3tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2tsp vanilla
1. In a mixing bowl stir together all dry ingredients. Including chocolate chips. Set aside
2. In a separate bowl whip aquafaba using electric hand mixer until peaks form. Gently fold in almond butter, vanilla and oil. Add wet to dry and stir to combine it should be a firm tacky dough. Place in fridge for about 30 min to firm up.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment, or grease.
4. Scoop chilled dough into roughly 2tbsp amounts. I used my hands to form and I flattened with palm of my hand. Leave approx 1 inch gap between cookies (they don’t spread). My recipe yeilded 11 cookies.
5. Bake for 10 min and then increase heat to 375 and bake for an additional 3 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes if you can wait that long. Grab a tea, a coffee or a glass of cashew milk and enjoy!