I love peanut butter. I mean, I love ALL nut butters but peanut butter really is the best. Ever since I was a kid I remember my mom making the best peanut butter cookies. I remember asking her if I could help and by help I meant eating the raw cookie dough😏 HER idea of me helping was doing the heavy stuff like mixing the batter which always felt like I was mixing cement but then again, I've always been a bit of a drama queen☺️ My favourite part tho was definitely making the fork imprint on each cookie. Turns out, that's still my favourite part!
Since becoming vegan and GF baking has become fun. I love creating healthy versions of the original and being able to enjoy them with a relatively clean conscience😜 Here's my version of my Moms old school pb cookies. The recipe is dead simple and is completely vegan and GF.
GF, Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1c organic pb
- scant 1c coconut palm sugar
- 1tsp pure vanilla
- 3 tbsp Aquafaba =1 egg(water from can of chickpeas!)
- 2tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2c carob chips
- course sea salt
- preheat oven to 350
- using electric hand mixer combine Aquafaba and sugar. Add in vanilla and combine.
- Addin pb and mix thoroughly. Addin hemp seeds and carob chips.
- Let sit to rest for 10 minutes.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using 2 teaspoons scoop about a tbsp of dough per each cookie and space accordingly on sheet. Have a glass of cold water handy. Take a fork, dip into cold water and make imprints on each cookie to flatten. Get creative if you want! Create a crisscross pattern on each cookie. Sprinkle each cookie with course sea salt
- Bake for about 15 min. Turning pan once in between.
- Keep an eye not to burn. Take out, let rest and devour.
Happy, healthy baking!!!