There's nothing better than a steaming bowl of delicious soup. My favourite thing about making soup is that there is ALWAYS left overs making it accessible for me to have multiple easy, fast and healthy meals.
When I eventually open my own little vegan Cafe the goal is to have a hot plate so that I can create my faves like pancakes, oatmeals and of course a soup of the week or day depending on my traffic. This 👆🏼👆🏼beauty will def be making it on the menu.
Curried Sweet Potato and Chickpea Soup
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 1/2 a large red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalk celery chopped
- 2 carrots choppdx
- 1 whole can of diced low sodium tomatoes
- 1 large can of organic chickpeas rinsed. Or you can cook your own from dried. I just don't have the time usually☺️
- 2 tomato cans of water
- big fistful of spinach
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder. More to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt and cracked pepper
- nutrtional yeast
- in a large pot, add coconut or olive oil and chilli flakes
- addin onion and garlic until you can see garlic start to brown. Doesn't take long!! Addin all your spices reserving some the sea salt and pepper.
- Addin carrot and celery and cook for 2-3 min. Then add the sweet potato. Cook another 3,4 min. Adding a touch of water to help in along.
- Once veggies start to soften addin tomato and the desired amount of water. Allow to come to a boil and reduce heat cooking until veggies are fork tender.
- Addin chickpeas and cook for 3 min.
- Addin a big handful of spinach just at the end. Check for more seasoning and get your bowls ready!!
I like to give it about 15 minutes to rest off the heat and then ladle into bowls. Finish with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast, olive oil and a pinch more sea salt and cracked pepper. SO GOOD👍🏼👍🏼💛