It's been far too long since I've posted.. I promise that I will rectify that situation in 2017. Life gets busy doesn't it? I myself have had an emotional couple of months. I broke up with my partner of 10 years. That in of itself is a blog post which I will definetley get to...
BUT this post is not about breakups, hardships or massive life changes. THIS blog post is about my kickass granola recipe. I promise you will not be disappointed.
I have been working on different variations of the same recipe now for well over a year and this one hits it out of the park. Crunchy, savoury, a hint of sweet and healthy! I plan on filling my house with this smell and giving the gift of food. Really, how great is that?! I might even whip up my cashew milk and give as the pair cause that stuff is bomb diggity as well💛
- 2 1/2 cups gf oats
- 1 cup roughly chopped raw almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans or raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (my family makes the stuff so I know it's top quality. Don't cheap out on the maple syrup. The good stuff is actually good for you. Full of magnesium. Just don't drink it😉)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 Degrees.
Mix all dry ingredients. Melt coconut oil and then add room temperature maple syrup (cold syrup will coagulate the coconut oil) and vanilla. Stir to mix and then add to dry ingredients. Lay out evenly on 1-2 baking sheets and pop it in the oven. After about 20 minutes take a peek. Give a gentle mix to get less cooked granola a chance to be baked and then pop back in for another 10 min. Keep a close watch. You don't want it to burn!
Wait for it to completely cool then put into mason jars.
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces (pieces cuts down your soaking time significantly)---cover in filtered water for min 2 hours
- 1 Medjool date (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
rinse soaked cashews, add to high powered blender. Top with 3 cups filtered water. Add the salt, date, vanilla and blend. I put through the smoothie cycle ( i❤️ my Blendtec) twice and put straight into a litre mason jar. Makes a perfect litre!
Enjoy lovelies~~ and Merry Christmas🎄🎄